WHAT IS AI?
The intelligence demonstrated by machines according to the level of natural intelligence is known as Artificial Intelligence. In AI, the machines are programmed in such a way that they can perform human tasks according to their capability programmed. Artificial Intelligence is the most growing and in-scope field with the rapid progress of the internet and technology. From passive decision-making skills to faster communications, from problem-solving to different perceptions, AI has evolved a long way. Its rapid progress is being termed as “The Future” by many researchers and scientists.
BRANCHES OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
Now AI itself is divided into subfields/branches that are:
- 𝗠𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: Machine Learning is the study of computer algorithms and programs that improves automatically through experience and by the use of data. The ML is the branch and subfield of AI. Machine learning algorithms build a model based on sample data, known as training data, to make predictions or decisions without being explicitly programmed to do so machine learning algorithms are used in a wide variety of applications. Examples of application of machine learning are medicine, email filtering, speech recognition, computer vision where the system automatically performs the required tasks.
- 𝗥𝗢𝗕𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗖𝗦: Robotics is also a subfield and branch of Artificial Intelligence. Robotics involves the design, building, function, and use of robots. The objective of this field of Artificial Intelligence is to digitalize the modern era and help humans ease their tasks and works. Robots are developed to copy human actions to work as genuine human beings. Examples of applications of robotics are bomb detection, an inspection of radioactive metals, construction of places where humans can’t survive, etc.
- 𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗟 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗚𝗘 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗚: is a subfield of artificial intelligence related to the interactions between computers and human language. The goal is to make a computer capable of understanding the contents of documents, including the context of the language used with them. The technology can then accurately drag information and insights contained in the documents as well as categorize and organize the documents themselves.
- 𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗧 𝗦𝗬𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗠𝗦: Expert Systems are also the branch of AI. They use advanced programming and AI in order to solve complex problems related to organizations and their problems. The core goal of expert systems is to ease the efforts of human beings and to make decisions much more accurately as compared to the human brain. An example of expert systems is numerous AI build software that is used for ease of work.
ADVANTAGES OF AI
Artificial Intelligence along with their relevant fields are shaping the future and with the rapid innovations in technology, they are being used in every sector whether it is related to education, healthcare, or industry. The several benefits of AI are:
- Artificial Intelligence eases the human work
- Due to AI, decisions can be made much more effectively & accurately
- The AI is much more efficient than any other human being
- It is available 24/7
- The chances of risks and human errors are minimized as it plans & organizes everything efficiently
- Data analysis can be much deeper with the AI
- Artificial Intelligence is more speedy and accurate
- They can solve complex problems which a human mind can’t process
- Advances in multiple fields
- Repetition is also a positive factor of Artificial Intelligence
DISADVANTAGES OF AI
- AI is much expensive sum of technologies
- As it is most advanced it’s not cost-friendly
- They can not think out of the box like a human can
- It increases the rate of unemployment
- Also, it makes humans lazy
IMPORTANCE OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
The use and deployment of AI play a vital role in our lives, from rapid decision making to smart processes, AI is shaping and planning the future. Artificial Intelligence along with its branches deploys in every field whether it is related to business, education, or the health sector, the AI is everywhere. The AI is important everywhere from planning, organizing, controlling, & leading. From complex decision-making skills to simplest works, AI possesses great importance.
APPLICATIONS OF AI
Artificial Intelligence is used everywhere, hence it has a wide variety and use of applications, such as:
- Personalized shopping
- AI assistants
- Autonomous vehicles
- Voice assistants
- Fraud prevention
- Facial recognition
- Recommendation systems
- Spam filters
- AI chatbots
- Pattern recognition